During the month of August I participated in the Magical-a-thon, a fantasy read-a-thon hosted on instagram that allowed you to be a character in a magical school and earn points for each prompt completed.
It was so much fun! I went into it with a tentative TBR but ended up choosing some books on the go as well. Here’s what I read for the School of Fae:
- MIDNIGHT SUN by Stephenie Meyer (★★★)
- THE BLOOD OF OLYMPUS by Rick Riordan (★★★★)
- TEN THOUSAND SKIES ABOVE YOU by Claudia Gray (★★★)
- A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC by V.E. Schwab (★★★★★)
- NIMONA by Noelle Stevenson (★★★★)
- A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES by Deborah Harkness (★★★★)
Originally, each school only had to complete 4 main prompts, but I decided to take the extra-credit classes as well and read 2 more books.
Honestly, I didn’t think I would make it. I picked 3 big books to read in the same month and had to read A Discovery of Witches, a 700+ pages book, in 3 days to win this read-a-thon. But I did it!
That’s why I love read-a-thons so much: not only do I get to meet new people and make cute journal spreads, it also pushes me to read more and prioritize books over endlessly scrolling through my phone.
That’s it for this wrap-up. Please do let me know if you enjoy this kind of post or if I should just stick to my usual monthly wrap up and the read-a-thons TBRs.
Until next time,