After a week of stepping back, I’m back to creating content. As always, I hope everyone is safe and that we can create sustained change towards equality and justice. I’ll keep on sharing as many resources as I can on my instagram, and if you’d like to donate towards the Black Lives Matter movement or sign any petitions, I still have a bunch of links in this post.
May was a bit of a weird month. I hit a slump but I also left my house for the first time since March, so at least there’s that. Just so you know, I only went to the grocery store and donated blood, if you can please stay home and practice social distancing!
Now onto the bookish wrap up: I read 7 books and participated in a read-a-thon that lasted for the entire month.
- THIS IS HOW YOU LOSE THE TIME WAR by Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone (★★★★)
- TRUTHWITCH by Susan Dennard (★★★★)
- DOWN AMONG THE STICKS AND BONES by Seanan McGuire (★★★★★)
- CITY OF GHOSTS by Victoria Schwab (★★★)
- THE HONEY-DON’T LIST by Christina Lauren (★★★)
- KING OF SCARS by Leigh Bardugo (★★★★)
- SORCERY OF THORNS by Margaret Rogerson (★★★★)
- I read a total of 2239 pages
- My average rating was 3.85 stars
- My average pages per day: 72.2
- Audiobooks: 4
- Physical books: 3
- English: 7 books
On the blog:
- April wrap up
- O.W.L.s results
- Review: This Is How You Lose The Time War
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Book Tag
- Top 7: tbr books with good mental health representation
- Medieval-a-thon update
- Discussion: on changing how I rate books
- Review: The Honey-Don’t List
- Make Your Myth-Taker read-a-thon TBR
- Top 7: things I want to do during lockdown
- Olympic Games read-a-thon TBR
Modern Family: I’ve started a rewatch from the very beginning with my sisters, and we’ve been having a blast. This is one of my favorite shows, and considering the state of the world lately, I think we could all use some comfort shows & media. Every episode makes me laugh at some point, there are so many relatable moments and I found out that Phil is actually my favorite character. He’s such a sweetheart! Also, family dynamics are my favorite relationships to read about, so this show is perfect for me.
That’s it for May. I know that this wrap up is a bit late, but from now on my posting schedule is back on track. How was your month? Any new favorites?
Until next time,