April was a weird a month for me, and I bet for a lot of people as well. It felt like it dragged on forever but was also gone in a blink. I feel like I didn’t do much, or even read much, despite finishing 6 books. It was also a bit of a mess when it came to my posting schedule, but I’m working on that.
Anyway, during April I participated in 2 read-a-thons and finished 6 books (by the end of the month I was halfway through another book, but that one will be featured on May’s wrap up):
- The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (★★★★★)
- The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee (★★★★)
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky by Mackenzi Lee (★★★)
- Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater (★★★★)
- Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire (★★★★.5)
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray (★★★.5)
I started tracking some stats on my reading journal and I have no idea if you want to know any of that, but here it goes anyway:
- I read a total of 2269 pages
- My average rating was 4 stars
- Audiobooks: 4
- Physical books: 2
- English: 5 books
- Portuguese: 1 book
On the Blog:
- March wrap up + favorites
- Review: Chain of Gold
- The Sunshine Blogger Award
- Top 7: series I want to start in 2020
- Stay Home Reading Rush Tag
- O.W.L.s Read-a-thon update
- Stay Home Reading Rush wrap up + mini reviews
- Life update #5: quarantine edition
- Top 7: current favorite booktubers
- Medieval-a-thon TBR
Good Omens: I read this book last year because I knew there was a tv show coming out and I wanted to watch it afterward. However time went by, I got busy, and I never watched the show. Taking advantage of all the free time now on my hands, I finally binged this show and it was just as good as I thought it would be. Such an amazing adaptation! And the cast was fantastic, as I knew they would be. The humor in this is exactly my kind of thing and it made me so happy!
Crochet: Again, with all that free time, I needed something to keep me busy. Crochet not only gives me something to do with clear goals, but it also relaxes me. It’s also a great thing to do while listening to an audiobook, would highly recommend. During April, I started and finished my first big crochet project – I made a sweater! It turned out very pretty despite being my first project and now I can’t wait for it to get colder out so that I can wear it around. It’s so soft as well!
That’s it for April. The lockdown is still going strong where I live, but apparently it’ll be lifted this month. I hope you’re all well and healthy wherever you are!
Until next time,