When I first saw the name of this it made me so happy! The world could definitely use some sunshine right about now. Figuratively, because in real life it still feels like summer and I’m constantly melting while stuck inside my house.
Thank you so much to Sophie who nominated me for this award! If you haven’t already, go check out her blog. She’s an amazing blogger who is also currently writing a book.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post/or on your blog.
If the situation becomes dire and you have to trade away your precious books in exchange for food, and you can only choose 5 books from your TBR to keep, which books would you choose?
Ouch, already starting with a difficult one. I feel like I’d be most likely to keep old favorites, but to answer your question I’d probably keep 5-stars reads predictions:
- Daisy Jones and The Six
- The Starless Sea
- A Darker Shade of Magic
- Sorcery of Thornes
- A Discovery of Witches
If you can only choose 5 books to re-read, which books would you choose?
Again, hard choices. I’d go with some of my favorites:
- Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban
- Clockwork Princess
- The Last Olympian
- Red, White and Royal Blue
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
What food can you never get tired of eating?
Potatoes. Just, any way you cook it, it turns out delicious and I’m positive I could live solely on potatoes and never get bored.
What is your favorite thing to do in the comfort of your home, other than reading and blogging?
Lately, I’ve been loving to do some crochet. I’m fairly new to it still, but I’ve been trying to make a sweater and it’s so much fun to see it slowly (veeery slowly) come together. Also, playing with my pets and tending to my plants (there are a lot of both of them).
What are your thoughts about exercising inside the house?
I actually really like it. I can get very self-conscious while exercising around other people so I usually work out from my house anyway. I love doing yoga, but we’re fortunate enough to also have a treadmill so I can run as much as I like.
If you wake up tomorrow and realize that your life up until now has been a dream and that you are in fact have been living in a different country or fictional world your entire life, what country/fictional world do you want to wake up in?
I know this is the most common answer ever, but for sure I’d love to live in the Wizarding World. I’d totally be a Hogwarts teacher so I’d never even have to leave the castle. The perfect life-plan.
Which pet (real or fictional) would you choose to be your self-isolation companion?
There are so many fictional pets I could choose from, but I’d never trade my real-life pets for anything else in all the worlds. They are amazing and they have been making me so happy while I’ve been isolating. I have a dog, 2 cats, 2 turtles, and my sisters’ 2 budgies + 2 axolotls are also very cute and make me smile. So yeah, we have a mini-zoo and it’s the best thing ever. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
Takeout or home cooking?
Home cooking all the way. Not only does it make me feel better, it’s also a great way to spend time with your family or listening to music/audiobooks/podcasts/etc.
Favorite social media platform?
Instagram for sure. I really like to see what other people are posting on Twitter but I never write anything, it’s very intimidating. Instagram feels more like a close community and I always get so inspired by all the amazing photos.
TV shows or movies?
Can I say both? Movies can be so great, and they’re usually better at having a consistent plot & pace, but tv shows let you get to know the characters better and you spend so much time in that universe that you can’t help but get invested. So yeah, both are good.
Do you binge-read books or read a bit at a time?
That depends. Sometimes I’m in the mood for binge-reading and I’ll finish a book in one sitting, or even get to an entire series in a matter of days. Other times, I don’t feel like reading much so I can only get a few pages in every day. I’m not very consistent with how much I read, but this year my goal is to read every single day so regardless of how many pages I can get to, I’ve been making progress every day since the year began. It’s pretty amazing.
Oh wow, that was a long one. If you’ve come this far, thank you so much for reading! I know I’m supposed to nominate 11 people, but honestly, everyone I know in the blog-verse has already been nominated 🤷♀️ If you feel like it, please consider yourself nominated!
Here are my questions:
- If you could only have 1 type of coffee/tea for the rest of your quarantine/self-isolation time, which one would it be?
- If you had to spend a month in quarantine with a fictional character, who would you choose and why?
- If you had to spend a month in isolation, alone, at a fictional place, where would you choose to be and why?
- The classical deserted island one, but quarantine style: you can only read 3 books during the whole time you’re in quarantine. Which ones do you pick?
- Who/what is your favorite quarantine companion?
- You can only do one type of work out for the whole time you’re in quarantine, which work out do you choose?
- Youtube videos or tv shows?
- Instagram or Twitter?
- You can only read in one format for the rest of your life, which one would you prefer? (hardcover, paperback, ebooks, audiobooks)
- If you could magically learn any new ability/hobby, what would you choose?
- You can only have one type of weather for the rest of your quarantine. What weather do you choose and why?
It was harder than expected to come up with those questions 😅
If you decide to answer them, please let me know so I can check out your answers!
Until next time,