Hello everyone! As you know, June is over. Half of the year has gone by and looking back at it, it seems like it all went by so fast. It’s easy to lose perspective when everything seems like a blur, so I thought I would check in and update you on how I’m doing with the goals and resolutions I set for myself at the beginning of the year.
As you can see, I had 10 goals/resolutions. Let’s see how I’m doing concerning each one:
- Read 45 books: I didn’t get much reading done last year and I missed it, so read 45 books is my goal for 2018. We’re halfway through the year and I’ve already read 25. I’m ahead of schedule!
- Finish writing the first draft of my novel: this one is not going so well. I haven’t even decided what novel I want to write (so many ideas!) so that’s something I’ll have to work on in the upcoming months. I’ve still got time to do it, and NaNoWriMo is just around the corner.
- Get a job: this one is tricky. Technically I do have a job, but it’s a freelancing situation so it’s not that consistent. The goal for before the year ends is to get a “regular” job.
- Work out regularly: this one is going surprisingly well. I was running every day before I broke my leg, then I was unable to walk there for a while, but now that I’m almost recovered I’ve starting to practice yoga and I’m loving it!
- Post on the blog consistently: this one is not doing so well. I mean to do it, but then I get busy/forget about it and before I know it the month is over and I’ve posted nothing. The goal is to be more organized and plan ahead so I can have a regular posting schedule.
- Take care of my mental health: it was a priority for 2018 as my mental health was getting worse and worse. But I realized this and that I needed help, and I’ve been getting it. I’m feeling much better now, and it’s finally easier to breathe.
- Journal every day: it’s connected to the previous goal. In writing a bit about my day, every day, I wanted to learn how to appreciate my life and the little things, to be more present in the moment and more mindful of my time. It’s been working great. So far this year, the only day I skipped was the day I got surgery and was sedated most of the day.
- Learn a new language: I’ve made zero progress towards this goal. I did sign up for French classes, but there were some problems with the forms and whatnot and I never began my classes. Even if I have to use an app to do it, I’m determined to at least learn some words/phrases by the end of the year.
- Get a new hobby: this is my attempt at living a more creative life, but I don’t think I’ve been doing anything new? I started yoga and I absolutely love it, but does that count as a hobby? I’m not sure. Anyway, I want to get better at drawing, or at least doodling, so that’s my new goal. Watercoloring would be very nice too.
- Live an extraordinary year: 2018 has been great so far. Sure, there were some bad or annoying things that happened (like breaking my leg and not being able to walk for months) but overall it’s been a great few months. In choosing to focus on the positive side of things, I’ve been happier and more excited than ever for what’s to come.
That’s it for this mid-year recap. I’m very happy with my progress and super pumped to accomplish my goals (and then some) before 2018 is over.
What are some of your new year’s resolutions that you’re still trying to accomplish?
Until next time,